THSCA & MAXPREPS PARTNERSHIP FAQ
THSCA and MaxPreps Partnership Background
MaxPreps has partnered with the THSCA to become the association’s “Official Source of Scores and Stats”. MaxPreps will efficiently collect schedules, scores, rosters and stats, to highlight member school/team information. MaxPreps’ industry leading platform provides coaches with various desktop, tablet and mobile options to keep their team information accurate. Once team information is submitted to MaxPreps it will automatically be made available to the THSCA.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do coaches need to do? In order to accurately manage important THSCA initiatives, such as regular-season conference standings and statewide leaderboards, coaches are encouraged to enter their schedule and roster to MaxPreps, and to also update their scores and game statistics immediately after each game throughout the season. The Teams by MaxPreps app is the easiest way to manage your information.
2. How will the THSCA and MaxPreps agreement impact the UIL? MaxPreps also is the sponsor of Scores and Statistics to the UIL and helps manage the governing body’s postseason brackets. This means that for the first time, Texas coaches will have a single platform for entering game results and stats. Coaches are required to update their postseason game information and scores MaxPreps immediately after each game to power the UIL playoff brackets.
3. How do coaches sign up to get free access to their administrative account on MaxPreps for the first time? Coaches or Athletic Directors can follow this link on MaxPreps to become a MaxPreps member and follow the prompts to request their unique access code. Your one-time access code will identify you as the coach or AD with permission to your team/school account. You can enter this access code in the “Set up Admin Accounts” link of your member account profile page.
4. Can coaches allow a team statistician or assistant coach to help manage their team information? Yes! Once the coach has access to their team admin page, they can give other individuals access to their page to help keep their team information accurate.
5. What if I already have a MaxPreps account? Coaches and ADs with an existing account will simply need to continue submitting information.
6. What do Athletic Directors need to do? Athletic Directors simply need to clearly communicate with coaches to keep their scores and other team information updated on MaxPreps. ADs should direct any new coaches or coaches currently not using MaxPreps to contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign up immediately.
7. Can Athletic Directors control their MaxPreps team pages, if desired? Yes. Athletic Directors can control every single team page from their free “School Administration” page on MaxPreps. While MaxPreps recommends coaches are responsible for their own team information, MaxPreps provides 100% free reporting, communication and school management tools for athletic directors, if desired. In order to gain access to your school administration page, please contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or email@example.com, to sign up today.
8. Which sports are included in the partnership? At this time, football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, baseball and softball are included in the data feeds MaxPreps will provide to the THSCA.
9. What about other sports? Coaches from any other sports may still choose to use MaxPreps’ free platform.
10. Is MaxPreps compatible with other stat programs? In addition to MaxPreps’ own mobile, tablet and desktop tools, MaxPreps is compatible with more than 45 different stat companies across multiple sports. Click here to view MaxPreps stat partners.
11. Does MaxPreps have an app to manage team information? Yes, the Teams by MaxPreps app allows coaches to quickly
update a score on their phone right after the game. Coaches can also manage their schedule, stats, roster (including roster photos),
team photos and communicate with their staff and athletes in the app. The free app can be downloaded from the iTunes app store
and the Google Play store.
12. How can fans participate with their teams? This season the THSCA is encouraging all teams to assign live-scoring responsibilities to a trusted program volunteer. The new MaxPreps fan app allows the program volunteer to provide live scoring updates on their mobile device during the game, to keep your high school community engaged and informed. All scores/updates will be available statewide on the THSCA Scoreboard. The app is available for iOS devices and Android devices.
13. Who can I contact with additional questions? Coaches and ADs may contact MaxPreps Texas representative Josh Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org, or may direct questions to MaxPreps coach support at email@example.com, or 800-329-7324 x1.MaxPreps also has a support website at support.maxpreps.com that can help answer specific questions such as how to enter a schedule or a roster, or how to upload a team photo, etc.